ZOOM! Kaido Of The Beast

This figure truly stands out from all others in the P.O.P line. Not only is it impressive in size and weight, and not only has the price surpassed that of others, but it's the incredible attention to detail that truly sets Kaido P.O.P WA-MAX apart. In my opinion, it deserves the title of the KING OF P.O.P, the ultimate figure.

credit photos: はっちゃか

I wasn't sure where to begin when I received Kaido of the Beasts from customs. The figure is incredibly imposing, and it was clear from the moment I saw the box that this was something special. The customs officers seemed just as curious as I was about what was inside, and they made sure I was there for the opening (which is not uncommon in certain cases where they need to inspect the contents of a package).

The box itself was massive, and it took some effort to get it open. But as soon as I caught a glimpse of the figure inside, I knew it was worth it. Kaido P.O.P WA-MAX is truly something apart in the P.O.P line, with an attention to detail that sets it apart from anything else. It's not just the size and weight that make it impressive - it's the meticulous craftsmanship that went into every aspect of the figure. It's no wonder that it's been dubbed the "King of P.O.P" - it truly is the ultimate one.

I was just as stunned as the customs officers when I finally opened the box. To my surprise, Megahouse had used foam sheets instead of plastic to secure the figure, likely due to its weight. As I carefully unpacked the figure, one of the officers asked for my permission to invite a colleague to see it. I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride as they both marveled at the intricacy and detail of the figure. However, when I asked if they were familiar with the character, they admitted they weren't anime fans. Nevertheless, their eyes were sparkling with wonder and appreciation, just like mine.



The level of detail on this figure is truly astonishing. From the intricately sculpted muscles to the carefully crafted tattoo on his left arm, every aspect of Kaido's design has been executed with precision and care. I spent some time positioning the club in his right hand to ensure it looked just right, and I was blown away by the imposing presence of this "beast" of a figure. The flowing hair and waving mustache lend a dynamic effect to the otherwise static pose, and Kaido's head and horns are simply perfect - you can practically feel the anger emanating from him. The metallic accessories, too, are shiny and expertly placed, further adding to the overall quality of the piece.



Suddenly, one of the officers exclaimed, "I'm afraid this is fragile, see his legs? They are so tiny compared to the body!" It was then that I realized I had overlooked the biggest detail - Kaido's cape and DRAGON! I quickly retrieved the missing piece from the box and added it to the figure. The addition took the figure to another level, and I was left in awe of the ultimate grail before me. As I write this, I cannot even fathom how I will react when I finally receive my Big Mom figure.




Without the dragon and the cape, the figure already looked impressive, but with these additions, it has taken on a whole new level of grandeur. It's simply unbelievable. I feel like I can die in peace now.

The cape is also quite heavy, but luckily, the effects part at the bottom has a base shape that helps to distribute some of the weight directly to the ground and provides more balance to the figure.

As for the dragon, it's made of a partially transparent blue material and painted with pink and purple marbling effects. It perfectly matches Kaido's first dragon appearance but with an added aura/holographic effect. It would be ridiculous to make the character and his alternate form two separate figures.


Back to the story about the customs officers, after having a pleasant conversation with them, I finally took the figure home. When I placed it next to my other WA figures, I was shocked by how massive it was! It was almost on par with the resin figures in terms of size, but personally, I prefer PVC figures because they are much lighter. Shipping this Kaido figure was still quite expensive though, costing around 150 USD for the EMS, but it was worth it.


💫 Figure quality: 9/10
👺 Devotion to the Character: 9/10
👑 Gadgets and alternative pieces (if needed): 8/10
💸 Price: 8/10
💓 Figure Importance in Your Collection: 10/10

🎯 TOTAL: 8.8/10

In case you missed out on the Kaido WA-MAXIMUM figure, you might find it challenging to purchase it now without breaking the bank, as market prices have skyrocketed.

I was fortunate enough to find the Kaido for our last year giveaway in mint condition for $600. However, currently, it seems nearly impossible to find it at a reasonable price.

To give back to our readers and community, we've decided to create a Patreon account for our blog. Every donation and support will go towards providing free giveaways and improving our blog with more engaging content and interactions. Please consider joining and supporting us. Thank you!

Photo Credits: はっちゃか